Easter bunnies in search of original and tasteful Easter gifts need look no further- we’ve rounded up the best Easter gifts on the web.
To some the arrival of Easter can only mean one thing: it's time to channel your inner hunter-gatherer and stalk the garden in search of chocolate eggs. And what better Easter gifts than copious amounts of mouth-watering chocolate? However, rumour has it that not everyone lusts after those luscious treats; so we've eggs-amined some very reputable reasons why getting our chocs off is a good idea, and what Easter presents the non-chocoholics can enjoy.
Easter Gifts For Chocoholics: Why it's got to be an Easter Egg
1. Chocolate = A kiss from Johnny Depp (sort of). Scrumptious chocolate melting in your mouth produces the same heart rate as a good old fashioned kiss; so even if Mr. Depp is temporarily unavailable, chocolate's a tempting back-up.
2. Dark chocolate Easter Eggs are anti-ageing. Dark chocolate contains antioxidant-like components which protect the body from ageing; so lose the anti-wrinkle creams and eat! Think of them as the Easter gifts that keep on giving.
3. Feel Good Factor. Chocolate stimulates the production of endorphins, which give us a feeling of pleasure and well-being.
4. The more you eat, the more you appreciate. Chocolate is a very complex (and delicious) food containing over 300 compounds and chemicals per bite; which means you're not a glutton, it's just that in order to taste all that goodness, it's an absolute necessity to take many, many bites...
5. Willy Wonka can't be wrong. If chocolate is good enough for Roald Dahl to write about (and subsequently inspire two sweet-toothed Hollywood films), then we're with Willy Wonka. Chocolate Easter Eggs will be very well received indeed.
Easter Gifts that don't contain chocolate: Why there's more to Easter than chocolate Eggs
1. It's more original. Chocolate is traditional, but somewhat uninspired; give someone a surprise this year with a non-chocolate Easter gift. Some bright Spring inspired clothes, accessories, art prints or even homeware give a lot more bang for your buck. They also have a much longer shelf life than a speedily devoured Easter Egg.
2. Harness the element of surprise. They are probably expecting an Easter Egg, however with non-chocolate Easter gifts the possibilities are infinite. And you can't be held responsible for tummy aches either.
3. They'll get more than enough chocolate. If you're pretty sure that all your relatives will bombard the kids with chocolate, why not give them an inedible alternative? Think chick and bunny inspired toys, classic children's books or even 'make and do' kits to keep them occupied while they digest their eggs.
4. It's more personal. Everyone appreciates a personal gift that shows some thought. So forgo the easy chocolate route and treat them to a well considered Easter present tailored specifically to them.
5. Zero calorie treat. Nobody wants the extra Easter egg pounds, but everyone wants a treat. It's as simple as that.